So for lunch today we are using up yesterday's soup, which was a curried parsnip and apple soup:
Recipe
8 parsnips (no need to peel) roughly chopped
2 onions - your choice on what kind - I had a red one and a shallot hanging about
Garlic cloves - think I used about two
Olive oil
Curry powder - mild
Salt and pepper
500 ml chicken stock
I apple chopped and cored
Chop and throw all in the pan with a glug of olive oil and enough curry powder to coat, fry it off for a few mins. Add chicken stock, should be enough to cover, if not add some water. Cook until veg and frit are soft, then blitz. Voil soup is ready.
Banana loaf is:
8 oz Self Raising flour
4 oz Butter
5 oz sugar
1 lb mashed soft bananas (who hasn't always got a bowl of soft bananas???)
1/2 tsp salt
2 eggs
Chocolate chips - I used a pot of Belgian choc drops from Tesco I got reduced 71 g), usually though I make this loaf with sultanas and use 6 oz.
Mix all of the ingredients (apart from fruit or choc chips) in your mixer (I bung all mine in my kitchen aid, you could though do it by hand with a wooden spoon). Once all combined add your fruit/ choc chips.
Put in 180 c pre heated oven.
Cook until skewer comes out clean between 1 hour to 1 hour and half dependant on your oven.
White loaf on proving also - prob for tomorrow's breakfast.


No comments:
Post a Comment