Also before running off to an appointment (day off today and for a change did something nice for myself, reflexology, very relaxing and just what the doctor ordered!!!) I made a white loaf for tomorrow's breakfasts and lunches:
I just used my kitchenaid, I just guess with my recipes, I know that's supposed to be bad for bread!!!
500 g (approx cos I threw in end of the bag)
Knob of butter
Salt (to your taste, didn't measure, few grinds)
Sugar - about 2 tsps
About but maybe a little over 300 ml water
7g sachet of yeast
Mixed in KA
Proved then
Kneaded again lightly as I didn't have lots of time
Left to prove in tin
Sliced top with knife and then shoved in a hot 210 c oven for about 30-40 mins. Halfway through I checked loaf, knocked it out of tin and put loaf back in to crisp up its bottom.
Henry (6 year old son and number 1 critic) tasted and said it was stupendous, extraordinary and incredible - all the wow words according to him!!!! It did taste lovely, not quite sure it was as amazing as he said, but if he's happy, then so am I!
Here it is, in all it's glory before it was nibbled a bit!

No comments:
Post a Comment