Thursday, 7 August 2014

Batch cooking

I threw a tomato sauce together as some tomatoes were looking passed their best. I'm not not working on all cylinders today so, I needed quick food; and really batch cooking saves time for another headache day!

Tomato sauce today was:
 
Baby plums 2 handfuls
Tin of chopped tomatoes
Sprinkle of fennel seeds
2 tsp sugar
Salt and pepper
1 red pepper
Fresh herbs - rosemary, basil
Garlic clove
Glass of red wine
Celery stick
Brown onion

Low heat with lots of olive oil and then blended together.



I started a turkey pie first before I noticed the tomatoes, so if I had I wouldn't have made the pie as we've already had beef pie this week! I bought some reduced puff pastry so I'm only doing a pie crust.

Diced turkey
White wine
Leek
Celery stick
Garlic clove
Onion
Parsley
Chicken stock
Flour for thickening
Cream
Season







No comments:

Post a Comment